Join a Winning Team at Bettenhausen Automotive
Our Company, Your Career, Together We Grow
Here at Bettenhausen, we bring a personal touch to the Automotive Industry. Whether assisting our customers with purchasing vehicles in store and online, or performing and advising service work, we provide you with all the tools and training to be successful. Allow us the opportunity to grow our business and our success together!
Here are the current open positions we have available at this time.
CLASSIC CAR MECHANIC
The Garage at Bettenhausen – is hiring technicians who specialize in Classic cars! Do you have experience working on classic cars? Are you interested in a position restoring and repairing hot rods and performance vehicles?! Join our team doing something you love!
- Obtain descriptions of vehicle problems, discuss work to be performed and future repair requirements.
- Test-drive vehicles and test components and systems using diagnostic tools and special service equipment.
- Perform quality inspections of vehicle repairs prior to returning the vehicle to the customer.
- Diagnose, maintain, and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical, steering, suspension, braking, air conditioning, etc.
- Communicate directly with the service advisor so that customers can be informed if any additional service is needed, providing an estimate of time needed for additional repairs.
- Must have: knowledge of classic/performance cars and systems
(Knowledge of carburetor cars preferred)
- Positive attitude a must
- Team member, flexible, detail oriented and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service
- Must have working knowledge of shop equipment such as wheel and tire equipment, alignment system, diagnostic equipment, AC equipment, etc.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Automotive Sales Associates
If you’re ready for a new challenge with high earning potential and career growth, join the sales team at Bettenhausen Motor Sales.
- Complete extensive training regarding the product line. (Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge & Ram)
- Maintain strong knowledge base of all new vehicle makes and models
- Interact and consult with customers to guide them through their vehicle purchase from start to finish with dealership’s One Low Price Philosophy
- Create the best vehicle-buying experience to make lifelong customers
- Test drive vehicles to demonstrate automotive features
- Establish personal goals that are consistent with dealership standards of productivity, and devise a strategy to meet those goals
- Complete quotes, return email/voicemail, other administrative functions to include running credit applications and processing transaction paperwork
- Support on-line customers through our eSales office
- Follow up with existing and potential customers to generate leads and close sales
The ideal candidate has a sales background of some sort or a hard working professional looking to make a career change.
- Automotive sales experience is not necessary for this role
- Quality customer service skills and sales track record
- Outgoing personality with expertise at developing relationships. (i.e., a “people person”)
- Persuasive and able to overcome customer objections during the sales process
- High personal achievement standards
- Basic MS Office knowledge; computer software and internet proficiency
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Professional Appearance
- Consult and interpret customer needs for the mechanics
- Utilize exemplary customer service and sales skills to drive sales
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all automotive service and repair matters
- Understand customers’ problems and arrange for appropriate service
- Prioritize required services, and offer options
- Set and manage the expectations of the service delivery for both the customers and mechanics
- Continuously keep the customer updated on repair needs and completion times
- 3-4 years of dealership Service Advisor experience required
- Reynolds & Reynolds experience strongly preferred
- Exemplary customer service skills and sales skills are a must
- Valid driver’s license
BDC/Internet Sales Representatives
BDC/Internet Sales Representatives will be responsible for handling all incoming phone calls and internet leads, as well as confirming sales appointments and performing long-term follow-up on all unsold customers (e.g., internet leads, showroom visits, and incoming calls). BDC Representatives will strive to generate repeat business by reaching out to current customers and ensuring complete satisfaction in ownership, as well as in marketing efforts by accurately obtaining and logging customer sources.
- Communicate effectively with internet customers and prospects according to their preferred method of communication (phone, email or in person)
- Manage Internet sales leads, respond to inquiries in a timely fashion, and answer questions on available stock and product performance
- Maintain an ongoing customer database to capture repeat business
- Keep website up-to-date with vehicle specifications and availability
- Schedule appointments with interested buyers for test drives and delivery of vehicles
- Disclosing terms of sales with consumers and reviewing sales with dealership management
Successful Chrysler BDC/Internet sales professionals have come from a variety of backgrounds. The ideal candidate has customer service and/or a general sales background of some sort, (electronics, appliances, real estate, B2B, marketing, etc.), a hard working professional with experience providing exceptional customer service and looking to make a career change, or a recent college graduate looking to pursue a career in sales.
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous call center and/or Internet sales experience a plus
- Sales experience is a plus, NOT required
- Requires strong communication skills in order to work most effectively with customers
- Must be Internet savvy, have good computer skills and excellent organizational skills to help keep track of all sales leads and to keep the website data up-to-date
- Excellent follow through and follow up skills
- Receive and process paperwork from the finance department
- Costing and finalizing deals properly for entry
- Post vehicle sales
- Prepare checks for payoffs, referrals and refunds
- Manage schedules derived from billing accounts
- Prepare, submit and monitor funding of bank contracts
- Work under pressure in a fast paced, high volume atmosphere
- Ability to multitask
- Provide additional administrative support as needed
- Reynolds & Reynolds experience strongly preferred
- License and Title experience required
- CVR experience
- Detail oriented skills with strong organizational skills
- Fast learner that is open to change
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- A professional appearance
- Strong communication and people skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities
Chrysler Certified Technician
Enjoy excellent pay and performance incentives at a dealership where your skills will be recognized and rewarded!
- Perform work outlined on maintenance and repair orders to ensure customer satisfaction
- Diagnose the cause of any malfunction and repair in a timely manner
- Provide labor and time estimates for additional automotive repairs
- Able to explain mechanical problems and needed repairs to Service Advisors and vehicle owners in a non-technical manner
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay in line with rapidly changing technology
- Chrysler certification or training required
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certifications preferred
- Ability to diagnose and repair engine, transmission, electrical, steering, suspension, brakes, and AC systems
- Hold a valid driver’s license
Entry Level Automotive Technician/Express Lane Technician/Lube Technician
Whether you’re a recent technical school graduate or an experienced oil change master, we offer a chance to kick-start your career in automotive repair!
- Perform vehicle inspections, basic maintenance, minor repairs, and documentation
- Perform oil changes and lubrication work
- Communicate with service advisor when additional repairs are needed or when repairs cannot be completed in the scheduled time period
- Inspect and test-drive new vehicles to ensure that all features function properly
- Install Mopar accessories on new vehicles as specified by the customer or dealer
- Work alongside skilled technicians to learn how to perform quality vehicle service maintenance and repairs
- Previous automotive maintenance experience OR automotive technician training
- Experience can include oil changes, basic maintenance or minor repair work
- Team oriented, flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Sales & Service Porters
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Spotting new cars and keeping all cars on the showroom and in the lots presentable for customers.
- Moving vehicles in the lot and to/from other locations throughout the day is required.
- Retrieve customer vehicle from the parking lot when their bill is paid or as directed by the Cashier.
- Maintain the parking lot in a neat and organized manner.
- Washing cars for customers as needed.
- Clean up of facility as needed.
- Other duties as needed/requested
We are looking for someone who is: punctual, honest, energetic and well organized with an excellent driving record. No suspensions or DUI’s.
Background and drug testing required prior to hire
Full and Part time hours available, Saturdays are required.
Benefits are offered to those working 30 hours or more per week.