How Much Can the 2020 RAM 1500 Tow?
How much can a new 2020 RAM 1500 tow? When it’s properly equipped the light-duty 2020 RAM 1500 has a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds, earning it a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing capacity for Orland Park drivers. Learn more about the 2020 RAM 1500 towing capacity and performance below!
RAM 1500 Engines & Capacities
The 2020 RAM 1500 comes with several engine options, each bringing their own performance capabilities to drivers. Each engine is paired with a standard Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission. Here’s a quick look at their specs:
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine Upg I: Produces 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. Towing capability maxes out at 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine: Produces up to 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine: Produces the same figures shown above, but boosts towing to 12,750 pounds.
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine: Produces up to 260 hp, 480 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 12,560 pounds—the highest diesel tow rating in the class.
Depending on the trim, the 2020 RAM 1500 payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds.
More Features for Easier Towing
When it comes to towing, the 2020 RAM 1500 doesn’t rely on engine power alone. This light-duty pickup offers some of the best features in its class to help you tow a camper or equipment through . We’ve outlined a few features for you below:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This transmission works in tandem with the eTorque mild hybrid system to help the RAM 1500 earn up to 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: The RAM 1500 features 14.9-inch brakes for greater stopping power on and roads.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This available system watches your blind zones, and automatically accounts for trailer length.
- Multi-Function Tailgate: This available tailgate has a 60/40 split gate, offering more ways to access the bed while still being able to handle demanding loads.
Test Drive the 2020 RAM 1500 at Bettenhausen Automotive in Orland Park!
Want to know more about 2020 RAM 1500, such as how its towing capacity compares to the Jeep Gladiator and Chevrolet Silverado? Contact us with your specific questions! Are you ready to move forward with buying or leasing? Our sales and finance center will help you find the perfect car or truck that fits your budget and help you estimate the most accurate monthly payments so you can plan your budget accordingly.