How Much Can the 2020 RAM 1500 Tow?
How much can a new 2020 RAM 1500 tow? When it’s properly equipped, the light-duty RAM has a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds, earning it a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing capacity. Whether you’re curious about the RAM 1500 diesel towing capacity or want to know how much a RAM 1500 V6 can tow, we can help. Learn more about the 2020 RAM 1500 towing capacity and performance below!
RAM 1500 Towing Capacity: Engines & Specs
The 2020 RAM 1500 comes with several engine options, each bringing their own performance capabilities to drivers. Each engine is paired with a standard Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission. Curious about how much a RAM 1500 V6 can tow? Want to know more about the RAM 1500 diesel towing capacity? Here’s a quick look at the engine specs:
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine Upg I: Produces 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. Towing capability maxes out at 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine: Produces up to 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine: Produces the same figures shown above, but boosts towing to 12,750 pounds.
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine: Produces up to 260 hp, 480 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 12,560 pounds—the highest diesel tow rating in the class.
Depending on the trim, the 2020 RAM 1500 payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds. The RAM 1500 max towing capacity figures and incredible payload allow Orland Park drivers to take on any job or any adventure!
Diesel vs. Gas Towing
Now that we know a bit more about the RAM 1500 diesel towing capacity and how much a RAM1 500 V6 can tow, let’s talk about diesel vs. gas trucks. While both types of trucks are capable of strong towing specs, diesel trucks typically offer stronger towing power. Here’s how diesel vs. gas trucks differ:
- Diesel Truck Towing: Diesel trucks can tow more gear because they generate more torque than their gas counterparts. This is why the most powerful engine in a truck lineup is typically the diesel one! Other perks include fuel economy and overall longevity of the vehicle.
- Gas Truck Towing: While gas trucks don’t always offer the strongest towing capacities, they do have their advantages. Those who prioritize acceleration and horsepower should opt for a gas truck. You’ll also benefit from lower maintenance costs and cheaper gas.
If you need help deciding between a gas or diesel truck, don’t hesitate to reach out! Both types of trucks are powerful options, but one may be a better option for your specific driving needs.
RAM 1500 Towing Capacity: Performance Features
When it comes to towing, the 2020 RAM 1500 doesn’t rely on engine power alone. The RAM max towing capacity depends on other features that boost performance. This light-duty pickup offers some of the best features in its class to help you tow a camper or equipment through . We’ve outlined a few features for you below:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This transmission works in tandem with the eTorque mild hybrid system to help the RAM 1500 earn up to 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: The RAM 1500 features 14.9-inch brakes for greater stopping power on and roads.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This available system watches your blind zones, and automatically accounts for trailer length.
- Multi-Function Tailgate: This available tailgate has a 60/40 split gate, offering more ways to access the bed while still being able to handle demanding loads.
Explore the 2020 RAM 1500 Towing Capacity with Bettenhausen Automotive
Have questions about RAM performance features or the RAM 1500 diesel towing capacity? We can help! If you’re still doing your research, we can also walk you through the Jeep Gladiator towing capacity or help you compare the RAM 1500 to popular models like the Chevy Silverado 1500. When you’re ready to get the buying or leasing process started, feel free to contact us at your convenience! We want to help you find the perfect car or truck that fits your budget and can help you estimate the most accurate monthly payments so you can plan your budget accordingly.