How Much Does the RAM 1500 Weigh?
If you’re in the market for a new truck around Orland Park and are considering the RAM 1500, you might be wondering, “how much does the RAM 1500 weigh?” The RAM 1500 weight ranges from 4,778 pounds to 6,396 pounds unloaded. The impressive design of the RAM 1500 provides for immense towing capacity and max payload capacity. When considering the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating, the RAM 1500 weighs anywhere from 6,010 pounds to 7,800 pounds. Let’s take a closer look at the RAM 1500 weight in more detail with Bettenhausen Automotive below! For more information, feel free to contact us anytime!
What’s the Difference Between Curb Weight and GVWR?
When learning about the RAM 1500 weight, you might be wondering what the difference is between GVWR and curb weight. Often, the GVWR is the maximum weight that the vehicle can carry and travel safely. The curb weight is the weight of the truck without passengers, upgrades, or other items.
Note: It’s also important to know that the tongue weight is not the same as towing capacity, as it’s the amount of weight the trailer places on the hitch.
2022 RAM 1500 Curb Weight
The 2022 RAM 1500 weight makes it an extremely tough and rugged vehicle. The RAM 1500 is made using a mix of both steel and aluminum. Let’s check out the weight of each RAM 1500 truck by trim level below:
- 2022 RAM 1500 Tradesman: Between 4,778 pounds and 5,106 pounds
- 2022 RAM 1500 Tradesman HFE: 4,785 pounds
- 2022 RAM 1500 Big Horn: Between 4,792 pounds and 5,137 pounds
- 2022 RAM 1500 Laramie: Between 4,899 pounds and 5,248 pounds
- 2022 RAM 1500 Rebel: Between 5,096 pounds and 5,314 pounds
- 2022 RAM 1500 Limited Longhorn: Between 5,192 pounds and 5,387 pounds
- 2022 RAM 1500 Limited: Between 5,345 pounds and 5,568 pounds
- 2022 RAM 1500 TRX: 6,396 pounds
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR)
The RAM 1500 gross vehicle weight rating varies depending on which trim level you choose, as you have the option to choose a different type of cabin, such as the crew cab or quad cab, and also the bed length. Let’s check out some of the GVWR ratings below:
- 2022 RAM 1500 Tradesman: Between 6,800 pounds and 7,100 pounds
- 2022 RAM 1500 Tradesman HFE: 6,010 pounds
- 2022 RAM 1500 Big Horn: Between 6,800 pounds and 6,900 pounds
- 2022 RAM 1500 Laramie: Between 6,800 pounds and 6,900 pounds
- 2022 RAM 1500 Rebel: Between 6,800 pounds and 6,900 pounds
- 2022 RAM 1500 Limited Longhorn: 6,900 pounds
- 2022 RAM 1500 Limited: 6,900 pounds to 7,100 pounds
- 2022 RAM 1500 TRX: 7,800 pounds
When you upgrade to the HEMI V8 engine, you’ll be able to achieve up to 12,750 pounds of towing capacity around Tinley Park and Orland Park. The RAM 1500 is also filled with plenty of impressive features that allow you to haul your passengers and cargo safely around Orland Park. Some of these features include:
- Active-Level™ Four Corner Air Suspension
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection
- 360 degree Surround View Camera
- Available 4×4 Off-Road Package
Learn More About the RAM 1500 Weight at Bettenhausen Automotive!
Now that we’ve answered the question, “how much does the RAM 1500 weigh?”, come stop by and see this impressive truck for yourself at Bettenhausen Automotive! Browse our new vehicle inventory, and meet with our finance center to start the buying process! Be sure to use our new vehicle specials to save big near New Lenox!
More from Bettenhausen Automotive
Do you see 2022 Jeep Compasses on Orland Park roads? Are you thinking about purchasing one yourself? When purchasing a vehicle, it’s important to see what drivers are saying about it. Check out the Jeep Compass reviews and Jeep Compass Trailhawk reviews to see what the rave is about the Jeep SUV. If you have any…
The Grand Wagoneer is a luxurious, yet capable SUV. It’s a great buy for every adventurer and family across Tinley Park. With a starting cost of $88,640 MSRP*, this third-row, full-size SUV is a smooth ride, giving Orland Park drivers the enjoyment of high-end luxury appointments, and impressive towing capabilities. Learn more about this luxurious all-terrain SUV…
If you’re in the market for a new truck around Orland Park and are considering the RAM 1500, you might be wondering, “how much does the RAM 1500 weigh?” The RAM 1500 weight ranges from 4,778 pounds to 6,396 pounds unloaded. The impressive design of the RAM 1500 provides for immense towing capacity and max payload…