Top 6 Road Trips From Chicago
Now that summer is in full swing, we like to take road trips out of Chicago and see some of the best scenery the Midwest has to offer! To kick start your summer, the Bettenhausen staff (and some of our valued customers) recently compared notes on our favorite road trips from the Windy City.
1. Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore has it all. With family-friendly sandy beaches less than an hour drive located along Lake Michigan’s southern shore, this place has serious hiking amid sand dunes, marshes, forests, and prairies for outdoor lovers (Just don’t try to off-road here. The law forbids it!).
2. Starved Rock State Park. The waterfalls and canyons are one-of-a-kind in Illinois, and they keep us coming back summer after summer. Located only an hour and a half southwest in Utica, this is a gem you have to explore.
3. Step back in time to a more rustic era by touring the Amish Country farmlands, just 100 or so miles east in Elkhart County, Indiana. A perfect trip for mom and dad, and the grandparents, too, in a Chrysler Town & Country.
4. Make the science nerd in your life stratospherically happy with a voyage to Yerkes Observatory, 83 miles north over the Wisconsin line. It’s known as the birthplace of modern astrophysics. If planets aren’t your thing, there’s always the crisp blue water of Lake Geneva.
5. Harbor Country: a choice destination for couples in pursuit of a romantic getaway. Cruise slowly around the southern end of Lake Michigan in your Chrysler 300 and enjoy the scenery. The country is just about a 75-minute drive and has an upscale B&B with a water view.
6. Head 78 miles southwest to The Cliffs, home of Insane Terrain in Marseilles, IL. 300 acres of off-road mayhem complete with a mud bog, plan on getting your Jeep dirty.
The sun is beaming and the roads are open, take your Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, or RAM out for a spin and make some summer memories with these road trip inspirations. If you’re looking for a recommendation for your next adventure car, contact us today or explore our favorite things to do in Tinley Park!