How Much Can a Ram 1500 Tow?
How much can a RAM 1500 tow? With all the right equipment, 2019 RAM 1500 towing capacity can reach up to 12,750 pounds. With RAM 1500 towing capacity that high, there’s no wonder it ranks as Best-in-Class when it comes to V8 Engine Towing*. Learn how much can a RAM 1500 tow with help from the team at our RAM dealership near Orland Park!
Ram 1500 Engines & Capacities
Available with three unique engine options, RAM 1500 towing capacity varies depending on the option you choose. No matter which engine you decide on, it will come with the Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8 speed automatic transmission. Specs for each RAM 1500 engine option are as follows:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque—produces 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. RAM 1500 Towing capability maxes out at 7,730 pounds with this engine.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine—produces up to 395 horsepower and 410 lb-ft of torque. How much can a RAM 1500 tow with this engine? Up to 11,610 pounds!
- 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque—offers the same power figures, but boosts RAM 1500 towing capacity up to 12,750 pounds.
RAM 1500 payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds depending on engine and drivetrain options you’ve selected.
RAM 1500 Towing Capacity Features
Engine options aren’t the only features that affect RAM 1500 towing capacity. Chicago drivers also have a slew of features that. Here are a few examples How much can a RAM 1500 tow with these options? Learn how each one can help capability:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: When used with the 3.6L Pentastar® V6 and eTorque mild hybrid system, this transmission helps the RAM 1500 earn up to 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway. It also helps towing by using the best gear for power and efficiency.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: Because the RAM 1500 features best-in-class towing capacity, it needs biggest-in-class brakes! Front brakes measure 14.9-inch for greater stopping power on Tinley Park and Orland Park roads.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This available system watches your blind zones, and automatically accounts for trailer length.
Test Drive the 2019 Ram 1500 at Bettenhausen Automotive in Orland Park!
Now that you know the answer to “how much can a RAM 1500 tow?” it’s time to ask “how can I get behind the wheel?” The team at Bettenhausen Automotive offers a wide selection of RAM trucks, ensuring you’ll find one that fits your budget, lifestyle, and towing needs! If you have any questions about RAM 1500 towing capacity, like the difference between gas and diesel, how often to change your oil, or questions about how to raise your credit score, don’t hesitate to contact us today!
*Class based on Light-Duty pickup